Like most, I’ve spent the last few days thinking about the ever popular, New Year’s Resolutions. Should I make some? Should I avoid them? Everyone has their opinion and they all make valid points. Resolutions are often made in January and forgotten by February. It’s like their M.O.
I read several blogs on the subject and a few really stuck with me. So with all my resolution knowledge, I am going forth with this…My Unresolutions.
They’re sort of like resolutions, but different, think of them in the realm of Unbirthdays. Stick with me here, even I have no idea where I’m headed.
I’m not making the obvious resolutions – weightloss, more exercise, save money – nope, those never stick. This year My Unresolutions will be focused on the things I love, reading and writing. Before you start jumping down my throat, there are others things I love (hubby, friends and family included) but since these are MY unresolutions and MY blog, I plan on doing this MY way!
*steps down from soap box*
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s continue.
My Unresolutions are a way to set some goals for the year, without the pesky pressure attached to Resolutions. In this way, I’m hoping to avoid the February failure.
So without further delay, My Unresolutions for 2012!
1) Read 52 books. I’ve set this before and managed to come very close. I feel it is completely doable.
2) Finish my two outstanding works in progress. Again, this shouldn’t be too hard since I wrote an entire novel in November, I can DO this!
3) Edit my NaNoWriMo novel. I’ve been letting it sit since November in hopes that my “fresh eyes” will see where my writing faults lie.
4) Write at least 500 words each day. This goal was already in the making, but signing up for #WIP500 will ensure I stick to it. (See previous post for more details on #WIP500)
5) Edit the to-be-completed two WIPs. This will be a year of editing for me. Not sure how I feel about it, I tend to write and never edit. Therefore editing has become my nemesis. Kill the beast!
So that’s it folks. Five Unresolutions that I hope to accomplish…no wait…that I will accomplish! No more of this wishy-washiness (I’m just making up words now I realize, but again MY blog.)
I wish you all a wonderful 2012. I look forward to chatting with you, writing with you and sharing experiences. Thank you all for the support in 2011! Now let’s go kick some ass in 2012!